30 December 2007

the Pony

Not THAT pony ... I'm talking about ... the BIDET!




Ahhh ... the bidet. That wonderous washbasin so conspicuously absent in puritanical America. Though seen across South America, Europe, Japan and elsewhere ... no such luck in the US of A. Funny ... how this seemingly no brainer of a good idea just doesn't seem to have any traction in the US. Why so? It's a great appliance ... seemingly so pure of intention and civilized and yet so ... naughty at the same time. How this simple washbasin can seem like an essential element to a civilized life and a totally out of the question is kind of interesting.

At any rate ... we're (or perhaps just me) enjoying them down here ... for that ever so fresh feeling all the time! I don't know how people without them can call themselves civilized. After you do your business (or just want to wash your feet) ... you can plop down on one (bidet is French for "pony") and blast your nether regions with a spray of warm water. Ahhh. So nice.

But perhaps there's hope ... I heard that a Japanese airline is ordering them standard on all new Boeing Dreamliner aircraft! Good news.

.

2 comments:

Chris said...

I'm for them - as long as there's a cover option. Kids and all... though we wouldn't have to worry about the cats' water dish during vacation. -tatoes

belleiadancer said...

Hmmmm . . . a blast of WARM water you say. I never knew it was warm. I think that would make all the difference.

And although I've never tried one, I don't have to. I already know it would be a winner.