24 February 2008

Holy Cultureshock, Batman

Back in Bend. Travel is wild. One minute you're in South America looking at an entirely different sky full of stars and then you're in an aluminum tube ... shot into the sky and landing thousands of miles away in snowy Oregon. It's a trip.

Getting off the plane in Dallas was a bit of a shocker. Americans are generally pretty beefy and pretty ugly people, holy shit. :) I mean, myself no different, but wow. Especially Dallas, omigod. And they dress like shit.


But ... they're also pretty damn nice sometimes. It's wierd.

It was amazing to get off the plane in Portland ... I really felt home, then. And it was a great feeling. I was ear to ear all the way through the airport. Patty grabbed us and took us out to lunch, and holy shit people move fast here. We ate at Pok Pok ... a very busy very popular Thai joint on Division and the whole experience totally made my head spin ... the service was SO FAST it was kinda stressing me out. I've slowed down a lot, I guess.

A much needed shower later, Tim and Cam picked us up for a nice drive back to Bend (thanks!!) ... and walking into my house was pretty joyous for me. Nicole was home and she had a fire blazing and tunes rolling and god DAMN it was good.

Ever since, I've been holing up at home and acclimating and LOVING sleeping in my own bed, holy shit. God it's good to be home. I haven't been able to face the outside world, really, but it's gooooood to be home. I need to get my mindstate back up to speed ... working on that ASAP. :)

.

No comments: