13 November 2007

The Map

I discovered today that everything is way way WAY bigger than it looks on the map. Got lost and wound up in some interesting real estate including a surreal neighborhood of Hacidic Jews ... all on their way to temple ... like ... everyone on the street ... except me, all wearing the absolute same outfits ... for blocks and blocks. The hats, the braids, the long black trenchcoats ... the strange looks ...

And you'd think ... oh yeah, just hail a cab. Well ... no. There's not really any cabs in Brooklyn. Little known fact. That I didn't know. Ha ha on me. So I just walked. And walked.

What's that photo you ask? Is that ... a mansion ... in Brooklyn ... decrepit and reclaimed by nature? Yep. Can you imagine the mutant homeless people that live inside that one? Mmm-hmmm. That's what happens when you just pick a map and start walking. Ditch the travel book and get a map.

No comments: