30 June 2008

Spam as Art

Spam has gotten pretty wierd over the years. My favorite subgenre being spam that tries to evade spam filters (isn't that just so spirited!) ... and ... even though I barely ever even glance at it when I'm deleting stuff .. every now and then something really catches my eye as ... almost attaining an artful level of surrealism or ... just utter pointlessness. To wit ... here's one I got today. WTF I LOVE IT!

-----------------------------
From: vanadic@mepal.com
Subject: angelicize blague
Date: June 30, 2008 4:11:03 AM PDT
To: booking@thegrove411.net
Reply-To: vanadic@mepal.com

Ni hao,

***
Warning!
This letter contains a virus which has been successfully detected and cured.
***

Anyway? Yes, said tina, i was. I had a letter to jacko now?
he's dead. It's not jacko who matters. Here, i can't get
an ard. 'swer. Have you a poirot pleasantly, i think we'll
have to ask you for quarter, i replied. Well, it's only
piling up time opened its table accommodations to the public,
devotion, and is courageous to the point ofrecklessness.
over the wall, and, being unseen in the shadow,."


Ni hao INDEED! Over the fucking WALL, unseen in the shadows and courageous (and devoted) to the point of recklessness! I love it, whatever it means.

No comments: